The technical museum is located in one of the most significant industrial buildings of the past century. Significant companies of photographic and film industry were based here.
Today, you find interesting permanent exhibitions on the German and mainly Saxon history of technology and industrial history in the former production areas. The special exhibitions are devoted to topics related to the history of photography, to contemporary photography and scientific phenomena.
- Erlebnisland Mathematik - More than 100 exhibits on 1,000 m2 - tricky, exciting.
- WELLENREITER -Light hear, see sounds. Everything is wave. Over 50 hands-on experiments.
- Cool X. Energy in a Digital World - An exhibition expedition into the world of nanoelectronics.
- DISCOVERY TOUR - Family tour duchs Museum.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- All areas of the museum except the tower are accessible
- Toilets for wheelchair users:
- Ladies: doors 107 cm, 220x200 cm in front and 86 cm left resp. 96 cm right of toilet, 43 cm toilet height
- Gentlemen: doors 107 cm, 220x200 cm in front and 80 cm left resp. 104 cm right of toilet, 44 cm toilet height
- Text panels in Braille, tactile orientation plan, tactile objects and acoustic stations
- Tours for people with learning impairments on request.