The wealth of their former masters is still inherent: Three buildings of former cotton merchants of Plauen from the late 18th century, now house the Museum of the Vogtland. The former patrician houses, which are among the most remarkable early classical architectural monuments of Central Germany, enclose two courtyards and brings the history of the Vogtland to life. Founded in 1923, the museum houses extensive collections of the historical and cultural development of the city of Plauen and the Vogtland - textiles, handicrafts, historical weapons and paintings. In addition to the permanent exhibition, the Museum of the Vogtland in Plauen presents several special exhibitions every year. Of particular interest is the ballroom of the middle house, which is decorated in the French Louis XVI style and invites to numerous events.