The music theatre in Görlitz is often called "The small Semper Opera". Apart from the cultivation of the international music theatre repertoire and dance theatre productions of the Görlitz Ballet, the theatre deals with the cultural history of the three country region Germany, Poland, Czech Republic. Since 1999, the theatre Görlitz has been producing music theatre for the entire cultural area Lower Silesia / Upper Lusatia.
With opera, operetta, musical and ballet performances as well as concerts of its orchestra, the New Lusatian Philharmonic Orchestra, the theatre regularly performs in the houses of Bautzen, Hoyerswerda, Kamenz, Zittau and - naturally - Görlitz. The offer is being completed by a varied program - from puppet theatre and productions of the youth theatre club, movies, revues, cabarets and panel discussions to small drama and music theatre productions.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- The side entrance (with bell) is opened for wheelchair users upon prior appointment
- Ground floor with café, cloak room and hall is easily accessible
- 4 wheelchair spaces in the great hall
- Box office not accessible!
- German-Polish surtitles all productions in musical theater
Chamber Concert series at different places, among other things in Zgorzelec (Poland), in the Villa Vicking, ul. Jana Swietego 20
- Guided tours through the theater