• kein Bild vorhanden

Cathedral St. Marien Zwickau

Domhof 10, 08056 Zwickau

Tel. : +49 (0) 375 2743510

Fax : +49 (0) 375 2743515


www.nicolai-kirchgemeinde.de

General

The Cathedral St. Marien is a famous late gothic hall church with valuable art-historical equipment. The cathedral of Zwickau, known as the St. Marien church, developed before 1200. The original Romanesque basilica was rebuilt into a late gothic hall church between 1453 and 1565. Since the reformation in 1518, the Cathedral St. Marien has been evangelic. In 1520 Thomas Müntzer officiated here for half a year. And it is very likely that in 1522 Martin Luther preached in this chapel, while he visited Zwickau.

Accessibility

Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:

  • Access through main entrance (door 97 cm) with 1 step of 5 cm inside and mobile ramp (ca. 26% gradient, 0.8 m length)
  • Assistance is required

  • Induction loop in the nave

Show map

Accessibility Information

Access to the facility / moving inside the facility

Ramps with > 6% ascent are reported in the text

  • Door width min. 70 cm
    Entrance with max. one step or ramp


Additional aids / Offers

  • Aids / Offers for deaf and hearing-impaired persons