300 years ago the royal Polish and electoral Saxon chamberlain Ernst Ferdinand von Knoch expressed his admiration for the beauty of this landscape and acquired the manor. The special attraction of the former summer residence lies in the harmonic combination of baroque architecture and classical decoration. Inside the castle one finds examples of illusionary murals, exquisite salons and fine porcelain.
Concerts and events take place regularly in the Mirrored Hall or in the castle park as they have for hundreds of years. With its warm atmosphere, Castle Rammenau is the perfect place to experience history.
Notes on accessibility / deviations from the pictograms:
- Historic cobblestone path from the ticket office to the park and castle
- The entire park is accessible for wheelchairs
- In the castle, the exhibition and restaurant on the ground floor are accessible via a wheelchair stairlift (space of 80x100 cm for turning a wheelchair)
- Toilet for wheelchair users: door 93 cm, 180x150 cm in front, 117 cm to the left of the toilet, 43 cm toilet height
- A film in the exhibition explains the history of the castle and its construction and provides insights into the principal rooms on the upper floor of the castle
- Audio loops in the exhibition available