The “tjg. theater junge generation” is Dresden's children's and youth theatre and is located in the venue Kraftwerk Mitte. With the departments of acting, puppet theater and theater academy, the programme includes productions for children and young people from 2 to 16 years and their families.
The ensemble of the tjg. theater young generation loves to invite their young and young at heart audience to participate in a poetically challenging and fanciful theater show.
- Family Sunday: Each first Sunday of the month from 10 am - 2 pm. Activities and fun for the whole family, every weekend throughout the Advent season.
- Playground place, adventure playground with maze just next to the theater
- Summer puppet theater in the “Sonnenhäusel“ situated in the large garden area
- Family shows in the zoo of Dresden
Notes on accessibility / deviations from the pictograms:
- There are no public parking spaces on the complex
- Disabled parking including the one at Kraftwerk Mitte (GPS input: Löbtauer Straße 21, 01159 DD)
- Double-wing entrance door 134- >200 cm
- All areas are accessible without steps via lift (door 110 cm, space of 195x210 cm for turning a wheelchair) and the 3 stages by elevator (door 89 cm, space of 103x140 cm for turning a wheelchair)
- There are 4-6 wheelchair spaces
- When ordering tickets, please let us know whether you would like to use a theater chair during the performance or whether you would like to use a seat next to your companion
- Lowered counter at the ticket counter
- Toilets for wheelchair users:
- Ladies: doors 103 cm each, >200x154 cm in front, 92 cm left, 50-96 cm right of toilet (trash bin protruding), 45 cm toilet height.
- Men: doors 103 cm each, >200x140 cm in front, 93 cm left, 96 cm right of toilet, 45 cm toilet height
- BLIS system, tactile layout plan, Braille at handrails, guidance system for blind visitors in the entrance area
- Induction loop available in hall