Experience the world behind the "Iron Curtain" and immerse yourself in the history of the recent German past.
After the relocation of the former GDR museum from Radebeul to the center at the Simmel-Hochhaus, Antonstraße 2A in Dresden (Neustadt), you will be presented with objects, facilities and organizations in a modern exhibition with a connection to the Historical high-rise (DVB tower).
Go on an exciting journey through everyday life in the GDR - kindergarten, school, work, but also living, shopping, holidays, sports and leisure. In different theme parks we show you the background of daily life in the former state of the Eastern Bloc. You will not only encounter old favorites, such as the Trabant, Spee or Nudossi. Rather, you will always discover new and unknown things in the abundance of exhibited objects.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- Parking at the in-house underground car park
- Access to the exhibition via lift (door 159 cm, space of 165x196 cm for turning a wheelchair)
- All areas of the exhibition are accessible and suitable for wheelchairs
- Toilet: door 94 cm, 165x160 cm in front and 70 cm left of toilet, 47 cm toilet height, no handholds
- Prior notification is not required
- Wheelchair-accessible services and shopping possibilities throughout the centre