The world's largest collection of minerals sparkles in Freiberg in Schloss Freudenstein Castle. The show of minerals comprises over 80,000 exhibits of unique quality of the Swiss private collector Erika Pohl-Ströher - collected in more than 50 years. The major part of the specimens represents top world class, an overwhelming variety of colours and forms of the crystals for the visitor, especially in the treasury in the Renaissance vault. Central topic of the exhibition is a "Mineralogical World Tour". The exhibition convinces with its interactive elements.
It is one of the largest and most beautiful mineral exhibitions in the world. Here families can have fun during the holidays, experience adventures in the special exhibition or celebrate children's birthday parties.
The "Research Trip" is the hands-on lab for all visitors to the exhibition. Students of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg answer questions about minerals and rocks at the weekend, assist with microscopy and show experiments. During the holiday season there are exciting programs for the whole family.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- The exhibition and the museum shop are easily accessible for wheelchair users in all areas
- Hire wheelchair available
- Guided tours and training programmes according to offer
- "Understand the stones": is a special programme for blind and visually impaired guests
- Induction loops in the lecture hall