Hinterhermsdorf is the popular holiday locality in the middle of the incomparable landscape of Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland. Hiking and strolling on "umpteen" kilometres of well-kept paths, cycling and winter sports or just romping around: there are sheer countless possibilities for an active and lively stay in nature in Hinterhermsdorf.
The district of Hinterhermsdorf, crowned as "Germany's most Beautiful Village", has a tradition of being a summer holiday resort that is very much in demand. The first national park borough of Saxon Switzerland provides those sseking for rest with the best conditions for a relaxing and active stay. A boat trip on the Obere Schleuse is one of the most popular visitor attractions. In addition, the nearby border invites visitors to go on walks and bike tours in Bohemia.
The Tourist Information of Hinterhermsdorf is your friendly service partner during your stay in "Germany's most beautiful town". Accommodation service, leisure offers, events, info material, souvenirs.
Highlights in Hinterhermsdorf:
- historic boat trip "Obere Schleuse" (Upper Sluice)
- adventure tour through the village
- rental of backpacks for discoverers
- panorama-trail (suitable for buggies)
- Waldhusche Hinterhermsdorf (forest adventure area)
- guided tours and hikes with the ranger
- swimming pond
- leisure facility with playground and volleyball field
- painting pottery
- museum for agriculture
Highlights in Sebnitz:
- sports- and leisure centre "SoliVital" with playground and indoor climbing
- manufactory "Deutsche Kunstblume"
- park about primitive times
- model railroad gallery
- open air swimming pool during the summer
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- Hall on upper floor is accessible via back entrance (driveway 8-10% gradient, 40 m length)
- WC for wheelchair users (ground floor): Door 93 cm, 120x110 cm in front of and 55 cm beside the WC
- WC for wheelchair users (first floor): Door 94 cm, 140x150 cm in front of and 96 cm beside the WC