The former department store palace accommodates an impressing Museum of Natural History including the 290 million-year-old "Petrified Forrest" in the roof-covered atrium of the Tietz-House. It is part of one of the scientifically most valuable collections of fossil plants in the world. The museum shows about 7.000 petrified woods from the transparent cut to the extremely heavy trunk.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- The whole exhibition is easily accessible for wheelchair users
- Guided tours for wheelchair users
- Natural history seminars for guests with learning difficulties
- Creative design with natural materials
- Seminars for blind and visually impaired guests
- Exhibits that can be touched, smelled, heard, tasted, looked at