In October 2011, the museum of military history reopened after its reconstruction and expansion by the US American architect Daniel Libeskind. With over 10,000 exhibits it presents violence as historic, cultural and anthropological phenomenon.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- 4 disabled parking spaces directly at the museum
- Lift: Door 99 cm, space of 102x>200 cm for turning a wheelchair
- Group tours for visually impaired people or in easy language are possible upon prior notice
- The event hall is equipped with an induction loop
- The audio guides (German, English) can be equipped with an induction loop for people with hearing aids