The completely modernised Kulturpalast at Altmarkt square opened its doors in 2017. The new cultural centre inspires its visitors once and again and is in keeping with Dresden’s world renown.
The newly built concert hall forms the heart of the house. With excellent acoustics and striking architecture, it forms the musical center of Dresden. In addition to their orchestral concerts, the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra also organizes concerts with international stars from jazz and world music. The concert hall picks up on elements of vineyard as well as shoebox architecture. In the stalls and on the two ranks there is a total of approx. 1800 visitors.
In addition, the city's central library and the cabaret "Die Herkuleskeule", which is well-known throughout Germany, are located in the Kulturpalast.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- The Kulturpalast Dresden is accessible in all areas without steps via lifts (door 110 cm, space of 126x229 cm for turning a wheelchair)
- 18 wheelchair spaces in the auditorium
- Toilets for wheelchair users:
- in the basement, on the ground and mezzanine floor with EURO key (available at information desk)
- on 1st/2nd floor publicly accessible
- Ground floor: door 95 cm, >200x140 cm in front, 95 cm left resp. 126 cm right of toilet, 49 cm toilet height
- Separate cloakroom for wheelchair users and guests with mobility impairments on the left side of the foyer
- Guidance system for blind guests in the entrance area, tactile layout plan, Braille at the handrails
- Induction loops