Four seasons, one hundred experiences - in the HOUSE THE THOUSAND POOL invites you to an interactive exhibition the whole family, the biosphere reserve Upper Lusatian heath and pond landscape
and know its animal inhabitants learn. The example of the pond economy is the Interplay of man and nature in the course of the year shown. In the carp kitchen can you then give a cook over your shoulder and in the giant aquarium the carp in the eyes watch.
The visitor information centre "House of The Thousand Ponds" welcomes you with an exhibition about the biosphere reserve Upper Lusatian heath and pond landscape and the tradition of pond farming. The highlight is the giant aquarium, in which fish species, such as the carp typical of the region, can be seen.
- Outside, small and large can on the water adventure area with water scoop, Pumping station and sandpit romp.
- Be regularly guided by the exhibition and excursions offered.
- For the physical well-being offers a snack Terroir Food.
- On the adjacent nature trail "Guttauer Teiche and Olbasee" invite 30 explorers Stations for exploring, observing, Learning and resting.
Notes on accessibility / deviations from the pictograms:
- Public areas are wheelchair accessible
- The multimedia exhibition on the upper floor can be reached by lift (door 89 cm, space of 102x140 cm for turning a wheelchair), the water experience area only via 2 steps of 18 cm each (inside) and 3 steps of 17-18 cm each (outside)
- Narrowest passage width (82 cm) in the exhibition
- Toilet for wheelchair users: door 95 cm, 175x154 cm in front, 52-97 cm left (changing table), 76-96 cm right (toilet bucket protrudes into the area) next to toilet, 50 cm toilet height
- House of The Thousand Ponds is the entrance to the “Guttauer Teiche & Olbasse nature adventure trail” natural paths (approx. 800 m to the footbridge, footbridge width 147 cm)