One of the smallest uplands in Central Germany is home to the stunning nature park, which is known as the Zittau Mountains and the picturesque health resort Jonsdorf. Since more than 150 years, tourists have been visiting this place and spending recreational days in the center of the Zittau Mountains. The family-friendly resort Jonsdorf is known for their hospitable hosts, picturesque half-timbered houses, and countless leisure offers whatever the season – it´s simply made for recreation and activities of any kind.
Hiking in a refreshing climate, mountain air, and the picturesque sight across the stunning mountain scape as well as the solar-heated mountain bath, the well-groomed health resort park along with the lovely café and the water-treading basin, plus the modern indoor ice rink and event hall together with the amphitheater and the new House of Butterflies are only some of the attractions of Jonsdorf. When the summer draws to a close, the low-mountain landscape provides the best requirements for a lots of activities – from recreation to action, you´ll get the best out of a winter vacation, promised.
Ski-hiking trails with a length of up to 32 kilometers start in Jonsdorf and lead through the Zittau Mountains. The ice sports- and event hall “Sparkassen ARENA” Jonsdorf is very attractive when it comes to activities such as ice-skating, ice hockey or climbing.
Accommodation, day trip and event service. The tourist information is located in a listed half-timbered house.
- guided tours through the stone pit with sightseeing
- fun for children during the "Kindertobetage"
- theatre stage in the forest - shows for the whole family
- trips with the narrow-gauge railway
- house of the weavers
- ice rink (skating, hockey), active-trail, open air pool, climbing trail, miniature golf, ski lift for children, cross-country ski run, sledding
- child care in the kindergarten and the sanatorium for children and mothers possible (on request)
- public WC with family-WC and changing table
- family entrance cards for the Schmetterlingshaus, open air pool ans ice rink
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- Driveway to the Tourist Information (15% gradient, 6 m length – car or assistance are required)
- Access: Door 86 cm via 1 step of 5 cm
- Public WC for wheelchair users: Door 93 cm, 193x168 cm in front of and 84 cm beside the WC, only 1 handhold