The old mine warehouse (formerly a grain store) – the only authentic one in the Erzgebirge still surviving from the mining days – has been converted into the Museum of the Saxon-Bohemian Erzgebirge. The visitors' mine horse gin above the Rudolph shaft in the district of Lauta brings a piece of Marienberg's history to life. The open gin was built according to the design of the historical horse mill that was in operation from 1838 – 1877, and is one of a kind in the Erzgebirge.
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- The paths are well suitable for wheelchairs
- Ticket office: Doors 94-100 cm
- Access to the Pferdegöpel via a slope (14% gradient, 22 m length) - assistance is required
- WC for wheelchair users: Door 94 cm, 200x193 cm in front of and 123 cm beside the WC
- Guided tours on request