Oederan is a central Saxon small town and is located between Chemnitz and Dresden. The city is surrounded by dense mixed forests, vast fields and gently rising hills with beautiful vantage points.
In the web MUSEUM OEDERAN, web stands for "Weben" (weave), "Erleben" (experience), "Begreifen" (understand), on almost 1000 m2 the visitors experience not only the art of weaving but also the almost 800-year-old city history. By means of show demonstrations and numerous creative offers the handicraft from past centuries comes to life once more.
For guests from here and abroad the Miniature Park "Klein-Erzgebirge" (Small Ore Mountains) is a great centre of attraction. It is the oldest and largest outdoor miniature park in Germany that shows almost 200 true-to-scale models of popular attractions not only from the Ore Mountains. The exhibition is open every day from beginnings of April till ends of October.
A well sign-posted network of hiking trails all around Oederan leads to many beautiful vantage points. In the city forest of Oederan you have the possibility to move actively on sign-posted routes, for example to do Nordic Walking.
The city of Oederan is certified as a family-friendly locality.
- adventure bath Oederan
- family and adventure world (playground of generations)
- museum "DIE WEBEREI"
- museum Gahlenz
- miniature-park Klein-Erzgebirge
- historical old-town
- alpaca farm
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
City Information Oederan:
- Information on sights of the territory and events, city tours, accommodation service, sale of postcards, souvenirs and info material
- All areas of the City Information are easily accessible
- WC for wheelchair users: Door 93 cm, 130x150 cm in front of and 100 cm beside the WC