Icon of the modern age
The Catholic parish church in Niesky was built in 1935 as an industrially prefabricated timber building by the company Christoph & Unmack in framework skeleton construction. The design was developed in collaboration with the architect and editor of the "Ostdeutsche Bauzeitung" Kurt Langer. The construction only took roughly 4 months as prefabricated components could be used for the wooden church. The simple cubic building on a rectangular floor plan has a high pitched roof and a tower above the entrance façade. The narrow high windows with their triangular finish associate Gothic stained glass windows. Striking is the visible construction of the truss-stand construction in the interior.