For more than 1,000 years, Burg Mildenstein Castle has been sitting high above the Mulde river valley. Its picturesque view and monumental architecture with the distinctive keep promise an interesting visit. Very significant in terms of building history are the knights’ halls, Romanesque castle chapel and the Gothic cornhouse!
Today, the castle is shining after extensive renovation work Back in the old splendor! The family friendly
Permanent exhibition, impressive Rittersäle, soothed Schwarzküchen, huge roof trusses and the Bergfried invite
- Family-friendly exhibitions with mascots "Friedersberg", wallpuzzle and wooden model for the Build by yourself
- museum educational offers for children and children young people
- Family-friendly events all year round
- Children's birthdays for minstrels or princesses
- Summer holiday fun on mildstone
- Event series, suitable for children with Handicap
Additional access information for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility:
- An accompanying person is required due to gradients and slopes: Path to ticket office (6 % slope, 20 m length, door 93 cm) and to the castle mountain/keep (6-8 % slope, 30 m length)
- Doors in the castle 70-99 cm, sometimes mobile ramps have to be used
- Toilet for wheelchair users: Door 88-92 cm, >200x>200 cm in front and 106 cm left resp. 154 cm right of toilet, 45 cm toilet height
- Besides tours in sign language we also offer guided tours for blind and visually impaired guests as well as offers for visitors with mental handicaps. The offers are customised to the individual requirements of the guests.