Unfortunately, holiday travels to Saxony are not possible at the moment. But you are welcome to start planning your next visit and the corresponding leisure activities in our beautiful state.
In its battle against corona, the Saxon state government has issued a new corona regulation. It takes effect as of 22 November up to and including 12 December 2021. It is based on the so-called “2G” regulation (only people with proof of vaccination or recovery) and on closing different areas of public life.
That is why:
- All cultural and recreational facilities like museums, concert halls, theatres, cinemas, discotheques, and bars are closed. The only exceptions are libraries and the outdoor facilities of zoos and animal parks.
- Christmas markets, miners’ parades, and other major events are prohibited.
- Overnight stays in hotels, boardinghouses, and on campsites as part of private holiday travels are prohibited. Only business travellers may book overnight stays.
Additionally, the following applies:
- Contact restrictions: Only meetings of one household and one additional person are permitted. Vaccinated and recovered persons and children aged 16 and younger do not count.
- Wearing a mask (FFP-2) is mandatory everywhere in public life, in public buildings and in public transport.
- Indoor gastronomy may only open in compliance with the “2G” regulation (only for people with proof of vaccination or recovery) and from 6 am to 8pm.
- Retail may only open in compliance with the “2G” regulation (only for people with proof of vaccination or recovery) and from 6 am to 8pm. The only exceptions apply to providers of basic supplies, e.g. supermarkets, animal supply stores, pharmacies, chemists, opticians, and petrol stations.
- Close contact services are prohibited. The only exceptions apply to hairdressers who may open in compliance with the “2G” regulation. Medical treatments are still permitted.
- The sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks in public is prohibited.
- Sports facilities remain closed. In churches, the “3G” regulation (either vaccinated, recovered, or tested) applies.
Exceptions apply to children and youths as well as people that cannot be vaccinated.
Full of anticipation we say: See you soon!
Until your next visit to Saxony, why not gather some ideas for your stay. Just visit our microsite on SaxonyTravelDreams. We have also compiled some great tips on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. And if we can help you with your holiday plans in any way, feel welcome give us a call or write us.
For further information about travel to German, you can also use the following links:
Be careful and stay healthy.
The contents are continuously updated. TMGS does not guarantee for the correctness of information.
Please note that we have compiled the links to the best of our knowledge and belief. If there is incorrect or outdated information on the linked pages, TMGS cannot be held liable for these contents. We thank you for your understanding.